Buying a home is an exciting adventure and likely one of the biggest purchases you’ll ever make. With multiple steps along the way, it may feel overwhelming. Here are few highlights of the process to help give you a better idea of what to expect.
- Pre-approval and review loan options. Work with your mortgage lender to get a pre-approval letter, this shows you are a serious and qualified buyer. You should also be reviewing loan options to find the loan that best fits your needs.
- Work with our realtor to find your home. Don’t forget to check out homes for sale by owner or if you can't find a home, consider building a new home.
- Make an offer. Use your realtor’s knowledge and expertise to negotiate and secure a contract with the seller.
- Home inspection. Once your offer is accepted, a home inspection is usually completed. At the same time, you should be locking in your mortgage rate.
- Underwriting and processing. This step is where you will satisfy any outstanding conditions for final approval by supplying any necessary documents or explanations.
- Appraisal of home. An appraisal is ordered by a third party to determine a non-biased opinion of the house value.
- Closing. Celebrate and move into your home!
Although there is lots of paperwork and more details to each of these steps, make sure you are working with mortgage lender that can walk you through the process and make it as smooth as possible.
Learn more at gogsf.com